Welcome to The Rosson House Museum
The Museum is a fully-restored 1895 Queen Anne Victorian house museum which interprets the history of Phoenix. The Rosson House is only accessible through guided tours. All regular tours last approximately 60 minutes. Tours of the house include all living areas and offer visitors a glimpse into the lifestyles of early Phoenix families.
Please see Tour Information on this page for new measures we are implementing for the safety of our visitors and staff.
- AAA Members: $10
- Museums for All Program: $3 (per person, up to 4 individuals per EBT card)
- National Trust for Historic Preservation Members (Distinctive Destinations Program): $6
- Active Military plus 5 family members with the Blue Star Museum Program: Free (Armed Forces Day through Labor Day only)
The health and wellbeing of our visitors, staff, and of our community is our highest priority. To ensure the safest and most enjoyable tour experience for everyone, these new health and safety measures have been implemented at Heritage Square:
- All staff and visitors over the age of five are required to wear a mask or face covering in all Heritage Square buildings. Disposable masks will be available.
- Social distancing between individuals, family groups, and our staff will be enforced.
- Limited tour sizes and timed tickets will be implemented to help with social distancing. Tours are restricted to one staff member plus six visitors. If you have a larger family group that would like to visit the Museum, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Tour tickets will be available online and in person.
- Meticulous cleaning and disinfecting measures have been put in place, with all frequently touched surfaces cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available at each Heritage Square building.
- Rosson House Museum has two interior stairways. Please let us know if anyone in your group is unable to navigate stairs.
Directions and Parking
Heritage Square — with the Rosson House Museum, Visitor Center, Heritage Gallery, and The Bungalow store — is located Heritage & Science Park on the Southeast corner of 6th Street and Monroe (1 block south of Van Buren and west of 7th Street) in downtown Phoenix, Arizona. A public parking garage–called Heritage Garage–is conveniently located on the Southeast corner of 5th Street and Monroe (please bring your parking garage ticket with you to be validated for a reduced parking fee).
Bus routes 1, 3, and 7 all stop at Van Buren and 7th Street. Light rail stops at 3rd Street and Washington (west bound) and 3rd Street and Jefferson (east bound).
We understand that you would love to have your students explore history at Heritage Square, but our budget and staffing has yet to return to pre-COVID levels, so we are unable to restart our field trip program at this time. Our educational Traveling Trunks (find more information about them here) will be available again this summer. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about booking a trunk. Check out our History at Home page for a bundle of activities, recipes, and staff recommendations. Our blog is also chock-full of fascinating history – give it a read! Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you at the Square again soon!
Join us for a journey back in time with your students and learn how people lived in early Phoenix. Our field trips and traveling trunk promote learning, innovation, and imagination. History and culture come to life through engagement with artifacts, analysis of primary sources, and experience with hands-on activities. Travel to us for a field trip or check out a trunk so the field trip can come to you.
Due to COVID-19 health and safety concerns, we are currently unable to accommodate group tours at this time. Updates will be posted on our social media platforms and our website.
Whether you are a family group or setting up a special trip for your senior residents, social club, or bus tour, the Rosson House Museum is a great outing opportunity to learn about and experience historic Phoenix.
Private group tours can accommodate 8 or more people and we ask for at least 2 weeks notice. A $50 deposit is required to confirm your reservation.
For more information and to schedule a private group tour through the Rosson House, please contact the Visitor Services Manager at 602-388-8090 or by email at email@example.com.
Due to COVID-19 health and safety concerns, we are currently unable to accommodate field trips at this time. Updates will be posted on our social media platforms and our website.
Heritage Square offers VIP tours on several topics. Click a link below to learn more: