Special Museum Hours
Rosson House Museum and the Heritage Square Visitor Center will be CLOSED on Saturday and Sunday, March 23rd and 24th. The Shop the Square Museum Store will remain open.
Welcome to Rosson House Museum
The Museum is a fully-restored 1895 Queen Anne Victorian house museum which interprets the history of Phoenix. Rosson House is only accessible through guided tours. All regular tours last approximately 60 minutes. Tours of the house include all living areas and offer visitors a glimpse into the lifestyles of early Phoenix families.
- General Admission: $15
- Children (aged 6-17 years): $8
- Children under 5 years: Free
- Heritage Square Members: Free
- AAA Members and Seniors: $14
- Museums for All Program: $3 (per person, up to 4 individuals per EBT card)
- National Trust for Historic Preservation Members (Distinctive Destinations Program): $6
- Active Military plus 5 family members with the Blue Star Museum Program: Free (Armed Forces Day through Labor Day only)
More Tour Information
- Tour tickets are available both online and in person at the Visitor Center.
- Regular tours are restricted to approximately 8 visitors per tour.
- Rosson House Museum has two interior stairways. Please let us know if anyone in your group is unable to navigate stairs.
- Because rooms in these historical buildings are small and don’t have much ventilation, we strongly encourage our visitors to wear masks in the buildings at Heritage Square and during their tour.
Private Group Tours
Groups can explore Rosson House Museum, our Visitor Center, and Heritage Gallery through an exclusive, guided tour led by one of our knowledgeable staff members.
Scheduling a private group tour is the only way to guarantee your group’s entrance to Rosson House Museum. For information about scheduling a private group tour, head to our Private Tours webpage.
Looking for group transportation to Rosson House? Get a free quote for a round-trip ride to the Museum by contacting National Charter Bus Phoenix at 480.626.4711, or through their website here. Phoenix Charter Bus Company can be contacted for a quote at 480.445.9823, or through their website here.
Join us for a journey back in time with your students and learn how people lived in early Phoenix. Our field trips and educational traveling trunks promote learning, innovation, and imagination. History and culture come to life through engagement with artifacts, analysis of primary sources, and experience with hands-on activities. Travel to us for a field trip or check out a trunk so the field trip can come to you.
Learn more about:
Check out our History at Home page for a bundle of activities, recipes, and staff recommendations. Our blog is also chock-full of fascinating history – give it a read! Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you at the Square soon!
Directions and Parking
Heritage Square — with the Rosson House Museum, Visitor Center, Heritage Gallery, and the Museum Store — is located Heritage & Science Park on the Southeast corner of 6th Street and Monroe (1 block south of Van Buren and west of 7th Street) in downtown Phoenix, Arizona. A public parking garage–called Heritage Garage–is conveniently located on the Southeast corner of 5th Street and Monroe (please bring your parking garage ticket with you to be validated for a reduced parking fee).
Bus routes 1, 3, and 7 all stop at Van Buren and 7th Street. Light rail stops at 3rd Street and Washington (west bound) and 3rd Street and Jefferson (east bound).
We respectfully acknowledge that Heritage Square is on the traditional territory and homelands of the O’Odham and Piipaash peoples and their ancestors. Click here for more information about this land acknowledgment.