Heritage Square’s Social Media Policy
The social media pages monitored by Heritage Square, which includes Rosson House Museum and The Bungalow museum store, are intended to be public spaces of education and conversation.
Heritage Square is committed to maintaining an accessible, informative, and civil space for those interested in the history we represent. Therefore, we ask those who engage with our social media content to abide by the following guidelines.
The following will NOT be tolerated:
- Messages that are misleading or false; as an educational organization we do not support spreading misinformation
- Messages posted by anonymous or robot accounts
- Deliberate provocation of other community members in the form of intentional trolling, troll baiting or flaming
- Racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting or life-threatening messages
- Messages that contain name-calling, personal attacks or defamatory statements
- Serious, unproven, or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- Abusive, aggressive, coarse, explicit, vulgar, violent, obscene or pornographic messages
- Messages that infringe on copyrights
- Messages for advertising purposes
- Messages that suggest or encourage illegal activity
These posts will be removed as soon as the moderator becomes aware of them. To alert the moderator to a post, please send a direct message or contact us at email@example.com.
In order to create an informative, engaging, and welcoming digital presence, we expect members of our digital community to uphold the following standards:
- Make all comments and posts related to the topics at hand.
- “Listen” and read with an open mind.
- Engage in historical debate respectfully. You can question facts and ideas without questioning the person who posted them.
- Mirror our dedication to factual accuracy and evidence-based posts, with the understanding that there is continuing historical debate on many topics.
Failure to follow these standards may lead to your comments being hidden, deleted, or reported. Moderators may also issue a warning, or, in extreme cases, block your account. To alert a moderator to a comment, please send a direct message or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
These guidelines are intended to encourage a robust digital community, not to limit it. We encourage our followers to:
- Ask questions of us and of one another.
- Share your own stories, pictures, and research.
- Tag us on your pictures of Heritage Square.
- Learn from continuing conversations. Don’t be afraid to ask for more information, say you’re wrong, or apologize.
Heritage Square in turn will work to provide the most rewarding social media presence we can. Please understand:
- Heritage Square is committed to linking to rich resources and articles from organizations outside our own in order to share resources and thought-provoking perspectives. Please note: Heritage Square does not control content, comments, or advertising on these sites.
- Heritage Square is committed to both monitoring and engaging in conversations on our social media platforms. Understand that the social media moderators check each platform at different intervals throughout the day and, therefore, are not always able to address issues or questions immediately. For immediate assistance, please contact email@example.com
- Heritage Square is not responsible for conversations about our posts that take place on another account’s page.
- In addition to all this, please understand each social media platform has its own terms and conditions. We are not responsible for the actions of the platform.
The Heritage Square social media moderator may remove any comment or post on our social media pages at any time for any reason at the discretion of the organization.