Girl Scouts – Playing the Past Day at Heritage Square
February 29 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm$3 – $12
Join us as we step back in time and explore the Victorian Era during this fun Girl Scouts event! Navigate 8 different stations starting at 10am. Dress like a Victorian, learn about a woman of the past, and even visit the Rosson House Museum!
Complete at least 5 of the stations to earn the Playing the Past badge.
- Dress in Victorian costume and have your picture taken
- Tour the Rosson House with a guide
- Play hoop and stick — a popular game from over 100 years ago
- Experience laundry with scrub board and wringer
- Hunt for details about your chosen amazing Victorian women and compile a social media page for her
- Use your detective skills to uncover the purpose of every day objects that are now obsolete
- Use typewriters and a letter press too see how printed materials were created
- Create a scrapbook page like Victorian girls did
- Fill your dance card to record all your activities
- Only Juniors can earn a badge, but all children are welcome to participate
- Cost: $12/girl, Free for chaperones, but $10 to tour the Rosson House
- Badge is an additional $3
- Start anytime between 10am and noon.
- Plan to spend 3 hours to visit all 8 stations.
- View our field trip policies here.