Victorian OddiTeas with Madame Askew
Get in a spooky mood with the newest tea & tour offering at Heritage Square. First, we’ll tour the 1895 Rosson House with our exhibit Victorian Oddities and Curiosities.
Next, Madame Askew will entertain us with a short talk on tea history and tea etiquette.
Following the talk, relax over an elegant afternoon tea in The Bungalow and chat with Madame Askew in person. Tea sandwiches, scones, clotted cream, and of course tea, will be served on exquisite vintage china.
And while you’re at The Bungalow, you can shop for that special Gothic Horror gift for the odd people in your life who appreciate these things.
Cucumber, Watercress & Herbed Goat Cheese Sandwich
Ham, Cheddar & Tomato Jam Sandwich
Chicken Apple Walnut Salad
Curried Deviled Eggs
Orange Flower Scented Scones
Cranberry Gingerbread Scone
served with homemade lemon curd,
clotted cream, and seasonal fruit jam
Vanilla Rose Tea Cookies
Vegetarian and Gluten-free options available if ordered in advance.
Catering by Home
Our chef Moniqe Quinonez emphasizes making food from scratch using local ingredients. Purveyors include McClendon Farms, Arai Pastry, Two Wash Ranch and Crow’s Dairy.
- Reservations are required in advance.
- Adults $45, Seniors and Members $42. (Seniors are 65 and up)
- Dietary restrictions: Gluten-free and vegetarian options are available. Please specify in Additional Information/Order Notes field when ordering.
- Cancellation policy: Refunds available up to 7 days before event. No refunds within 7 days of event.
- If you plan to sit with people who have payed separately, please tell us their names in Additional Information/Order Notes field when ordering. Then, we can be sure to seat you all together.
- Costumes appreciated!
Directions & Parking
- Heritage Square is located in downtown Phoenix at the corner of 7th Street and Monroe.
- Discounted parking is available at the Heritage Parking Garage for vehicles with a clearance below 6’8”. The garage is located at the SE corner of 5th St. and Monroe.
- You will receive a parking validation ticket when you check in.
- Validated rates are: 1st hour is free; 2nd hour is $1; 3rd hour is $3, max charge is $8.
When you arrive
- Your visit will begin with a tour of the Rosson House. Please meet in the Visitor Center 15 minutes prior to your tour time to check in. Staff has a list of reservations. No physical tickets are required.
- The Visitor Center is in the Burgess Carriage House with the yellow barn doors, between the Victorian-style Rosson House and the rose garden.
- Public restrooms are located in the Lath Pavilion, beyond the Visitor Center.
Tea History and Tea Etiquette with Madame Askew
- After your 50-minute tour, we will escort you to the Heritage Gallery for a short talk by Madame Askew. Seating will be provided in the gallery.
- After the talk, we will escort you to tea in the Stevens House, now also The Bungalow museum store.
- There are no restrooms in the Stevens House. Public restrooms are located in the Lath Pavilion.
Accommodations for wheel chairs
- The Rosson House has 6 steps to the ground level and a lift is available. The second floor is only accessible via stairs. Photographs are available for those unable to climb stairs.
- The Heritage Gallery and The Bungalow each have 3 steps to the front entrance and wheelchair access in the back.
- It is helpful if you let us know in advance if anyone in your group uses a wheelchair.