- This event has passed.
Mapping Early Phoenix with AZ Homeschool Adventures
December 3, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree – $7
This field trip is all about maps. We review how to read them, practice using them, and learn the stories they have to tell. The stories focus on the area’s past, why and how it was settled, and how it has changed over time. All activities are interactive and include many hands on activities.
This field trip is reserved especially for AZ Homeschool Adventures. There is an identical field trip at 1pm on the same day for Homeschool families across the valley. “Mapping Early Phoenix” is geared towards students 7 years and older, but children of all ages are welcome.
- Cost: $7/students aged 5 to 17, $5/parents and accompanying adults, Free/children 4 and under
- Time: 2 hours
- Three activities
- Pre-registration is required.
Field Trip activities include:
- Rosson House Tour – investigates this 1895 historic treasure focusing on life in early Phoenix. The house will be decorated for the holidays.
- Scavenger Hunt – reinforces map reading skills as small groups tour outside at Heritage Square, look for clues and answer questions.The hunt has three skill levels so that everyone can participate. Each site has a clue to be solved and a prize will be awarded to all who finish.
- Mapping Early Phoenix – uses the exhibit to learn more about maps and the stories they tell
For more information on Homeschool Days at Heritage Square, click here
Cancellations – No refunds will be made for cancellations less than 14 days before scheduled tour date, but we will make every effort to reschedule you to a different date.
Questions? Contact Jennifer, Director of Education by email or at 602-261-8948.
To register, scroll to bottom of page and purchase tickets.