Your Health & Safety
Community Update – August 6, 2020
Beginning Friday, September 4th, the Rosson House Museum will be open to the public for timed, guided tours at 10am, 12pm, 2pm, and 4pm on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, until further notice. The Visitor Center will be open on a limited basis, and The Bungalow museum store and Heritage Gallery exhibit (The Great Migration: Indiscernibles in Arizona) will be open to Museum patrons only. Please check Heritage Square’s website, as well as our social media platforms, for the Museum’s most up-to-date hours and information.
The health and wellbeing of our visitors, staff, and of our community is our highest priority. To ensure the safest and most enjoyable tour experience for everyone, these new health and safety measures have been implemented at Heritage Square:
- All staff and visitors over the age of five are required to wear a mask or face covering in all Heritage Square buildings. Disposable masks will be available.
- Social distancing between individuals, family groups, and our staff will be enforced.
- Limited tour sizes and timed tickets will be implemented to help with social distancing. Tours are restricted to one staff member plus four visitors. If you have a larger family group that would like to visit the Museum, please contact us here.
- Tour tickets will be available online only. Tickets for the month of September will be made available by August 14, 2020, on our website.
- Meticulous cleaning and disinfecting measures have been put in place, with all frequently touched surfaces cleaned and sanitized throughout the day, and after each tour.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available at each Heritage Square building.
Community Update – May 15, 2020
With the statewide Stay Home, Stay Healthy Order expiring today, we are working on the best and safest way to reopen our buildings at Heritage Square. Throughout the rest of this month we will be closed in order to deep clean our buildings and put safety measures into place. When we are able to reopen for tours of the Rosson House Museum, we will be doing so with limited hours and tour sizes. Please continue to follow us on our social media platforms or visit our website for our reopening date and any other updates about Heritage Square, as well as for our quality educational content. Until we see you again – keep staying healthy, and think happy history thoughts!
Community Update – March 12, 2020
The Rosson House Museum, Visitor Center, The Bungalow museum store, Heritage Gallery, and Heritage Square Foundation offices are TEMPORARILY CLOSED until further notice (City Park open space at Heritage Square remains open). Tours and programs are postponed in support of the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, and our community. We will continue to monitor the situation, and will reopen and reschedule when we feel we are able to safely do so.
The Rosson House and other buildings at Heritage Square have survived two World Wars, the Great Depression, urban renewal, various recessions, and even Life without Air Conditioning (*gasp*). However, though we’re temporarily closing, we are not giving up! We will still be with you on social media and on our website, sharing the history of Heritage Square and Phoenix, and encouraging everyone to do what we all can to support one another during this unprecedented time.
As a nonprofit organization, we’ve relied on you, our community, for your support since we began this journey in the 1970s to save this piece of Phoenix history. Today is no different – we ask you to make a donation, buy a gift card, or purchase a tour ticket so you can visit your favorite historic house when we reopen! We have been honored to be able to preserve these local landmarks, sharing their histories and creating a memorable place for our community for over 40 years. Thank you for making our story a part of yours – stay safe and healthy, and we hope to see you in person again soon!
If you have any questions or concerns about our temporary closure, please contact our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check our website and our social media pages for all updates.