Arizona Gives Day
Arizona Gives Day is an annual giving movement uniting nonprofits, to celebrate and increase philanthropy in Arizona through online giving. The event helps raise awareness about the critical role Arizona nonprofits play in our communities and inspires people to give generously creating a thriving and stronger Arizona for all.
About the celebration
Everyone who donates $25 or more to Heritage Square for Arizona Gives Day will receive access to our special Gin & Jazz Preservation Party celebration on Tuesday, April 6th! Coming to you virtually this year from across Phoenix and even all the way from China (!!), this year’s event features all the Roaring ’20s fun you love – learn from a bartender how to make a Prohibition Era cocktail, watch the dreamy dancing of the Dapper Manns, and catch syncopated rhythms straight from the Ghost Lounge at Hotel San Carlos. And don’t forget our special, virtual talk about Prohibition in Arizona on Friday, March 19th at noon – Temperance & Trapdoors: Prohibition & the Rosson House Museum.
All of this is possible because of support from you and from our community! Make you your Arizona Gives Day donation to Heritage Square by clicking the button below.
Thank you to our Fundraiser Partners!
Thank you to these businesses and individuals for going above and beyond to make our Arizona Gives Day fundraiser a success!
- Cook Associates Architects, Inc
- Richard Burke
- Hotel San Carlos
- The Churchill in downtown Phoenix – now open with WiFi to accommodate anyone who wants to work from home at The Churchill, Tuesday-Sunday 11am-10pm.
- The production crew for jnelson films
- Garrison Jones and the Garrison Jones Trio
- Victory Accident Solutions
- Acceso Capital
Our Gift to You
- Not only will your Arizona Gives Day gift get you access to Gin & Jazz, but each of our giving day donors will be put into a drawing to win an exclusive, private 2-hour tour of the Rosson House and Heritage Square!
- Donors who contribute $150 or more in the first week of giving (March 16th-22nd) will receive a Bootlegger’s Box, complete with a limited edition Gin & Jazz highball glass, a mini cocktail shaker, and all the fixings for the ’20s cocktail we’ll be making during Gin & Jazz on April 6th! (alcohol not included)
Get in that Gin & Jazz Mood!
- Sign up for our new, Prohibition Era lecture on Friday, March 19th at noon – Temperance & Trapdoors: Prohibition & the Rosson House Museum – where you’ll discover why Arizona passed Prohibition a full five years before the passing of the 18th Amendment, hear how bathtub gin got its name, and learn about the Rosson House’s own bootlegging past…
- Catch all the swing dancing, singing, and smooth moves of the Dapper Manns ahead of the party on their Instagram account – @dappermanns.
- Brush up on your Prohibition Era lingo so you can know your Birds from your Chicks, Beezers from Buzzers, and Flippers from Flappers!